As a mainstream communication platform, Zalo makes it easier to meaningfully connect people, from family to friends to work. As a Data Scientist working on Zalo product, you have a chance to make a positive impact on more than 50M users by leveraging the power of our data. Specifically, this role focuses on data analytics to understand our users, find actionable insights, working closely with Product team to help build relevant and effective features.
What you will do
- Design and build metrics to measure the health of the product features and the whole ecosystem and collaborate with Product team on performance management;
- Evaluate and ensure the correctness of data sources, build data products and pipelines to streamline our work and serve business purposes;
- Take charge of setting up and analyzing A/B testing to measure the performance of product launches and operations;
- Perform analyses to understand user behaviors and find actionable insights for current and future data-focused innovation. This can involve a host of different techniques such as user profiling, graph analysis, predictive modeling;
- Mentor more junior team members. The Lead role also involves team management and setting directions for team.
What you will need
- Bachelor or higher in Computer Science, Statistics or a related field;
- Fluency in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis (e.g., R or Python);
- Knowledge of Hadoop programming environments (e.g. Spark);
- 2+ years relevant work experience with large amounts of real data, preferably experience with building and maintaining scalable data pipelines;
- Understanding of applied statistics including sampling approaches, causal modeling and data mining techniques;
- Experience with the domain of online consumer product or marketing is a plus;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, storytelling with data, e.g., ability to communicate data science concepts and analysis results to both technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses;
- Proactive thinking and ability to work independently while being a strong team player;
- Open-minded and excited to learn new things. Have strong opinions but willing to change with new data;
- We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic: All of us believe in our work’s ability to change Vietnamese lives and consequently work hard, work smart;
- Good team member: We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together;
- Flexibility: you should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from dirty work like data cleaning, to high-level work like system or algorithm design.